"LUTHERAN - CATHOLIC
COMMISSION ON UNITY"
Formerly: "THE JOINT LUTHERAN
- ROMAN CATHOLIC STUDY COMMISSION ON 'THE GOSPEL AND THE CHURCH'"
August 25-27, 1965 - Strasbourg, France
Exploratory meeting to determine whether and in what manner the relations
which have already begun can be continued and intensified; the content,
shape and scope of possible discussions; central theological issues for
April 13-15, 1966 - Strasbourg, France
Further study on projected dialogue; establishment of Roman Catholic -
Lutheran Working Group - JOINT
- November 26-30, 1967 - Zürich, Switzerland
"Gospel and Tradition"
- September 15-19, 1968 - Baastad, Sweden
"World and Church under the Gospel"
- May 4-8, 1969 - Nemi, Italy
"Structures of the Church"
- February 22-26, 1970 - Cartigny / Geneva, Switzerland
"Gospel and Law - Gospel and Christian Freedom"
- February 21-26, 1971 - San Anton, Malta
"Das Evangelium und die Kirche" (1972) - BERICHT
"The Gospel and the Church - The Malta Report" (1972) - FINAL
Prof. Dr. Einar Molland
Prof. Dr. Walter Kasper
Tübingen, Federal Republic of Germany
Prof. Dr. Harding Meyer, Lutheran
Dr. August B. Hasler, Catholic
- ROMAN CATHOLIC COMMISSION"
- March 21-24, 1973 - Geneva, Switzerland
"Survey of Lutheran / RC Relations; Program planning; the significance
of the world for the self-understanding of the Church"
- January 8-12, 1974 - Rome, Italy
"The Ministry in interconfessional dialogue; theology of liberation
and the structures of the Church; Church's self-understanding"
- March 15-21, 1976 - Liebfrauenberg, France
"Review of the way in which the "Malta Report" is being received;
Lord's Supper; models of unity"
- March 5-12, 1977 - Paderborn, Germany
"Eucharist; ministry; models of the Church"
- October 7-12, 1978 - Sigtuna, Sweden
"Ordained ministry; episcopate; models of the Church; ways to communion"
- "The Lord's Supper" - JOINT
- February 19-23, 1980 - Augsburg, Germany
"All Under One Christ" - JOINT
"Ways to Community" - JOINT
- March 9-14, 1981 - Lantana, Florida (USA)
"The Ministry in the Church" -
- JOINT STATEMENT
- May 10-15, 1982 - Venice, Italy
"Models of unity"
- May 2-7, 1983 - Württemberg, Germany
"Martin Luther - Witness to Jesus Christ" - JOINT
- February 27-March 3, 1984 - Rome, Italy
"Facing Unity. Models, Forms and Phases of Catholic-Lutheran Church
Fellowship" - JOINT
Prof. Dr. George A. Linbeck (1973-1984)
Professor, Yale University New Haven, CT
Most Rev. Hans L. Martensen (1973-1984)
Bishop of Copenhagen, Denmark
Dr. Peder Nørgaard-Højen, Lutheran
Prof. Dr. Vilmos Vajta, Lutheran
Rev. Dr. Carl H. Mau, Jr., Lutheran
Rev. Dr. Daniel F. Martensen,
Rev. Dr. Eugene Brand, Lutheran
Msgr. Dr. Aloys Klein, Catholic
Prof. Dr. H. Schütte, Catholic
Msgr. Dr. Charles Moeller, Catholic
Rev. Fr. Pierre Duprey, M. Afr.,
- March 10-14, 1986 - Céligny (Bossey), Switzerland
"Justification, ecclesiology, sacramentality"
- February 15-21, 1987 - Wiesbaden-Naurod, Federal Republic of Germany
"Doctrine of Justification and doctrine of the Church"
- March 7-11, 1988 - Versailles, France
- February 27-March 4, 1989 - Opole, Poland
"Contextual theology; ecclesiology"
- October 1-5, 1990 - Oslo, Norway
- September 30-October 4, 1991 - Venice, Italy
- November 10-14, 1992 - Eisenbach, Germany
"Church and justification; 25th anniversary of the Lutheran/Catholic
Dialogue; future of the dialogue"
- September 5-11, 1993 - Würzburg, Germany
"Church and Justification"
"Church and Justification - Understanding the Church in the Light
of the Doctrine of the Justification" - JOINT
Rt. Rev. James R. Crumley, Jr.
Retired Bishop of the former Lutheran Church
Most Rev. Karl Lehmann (1986-1987)
Bishop of Mainz, Germany
Most Rev. Paul-Werner Scheele
Bishop of Würzburg, Germany
Rev. Dr. Eugene Brand, Lutheran
Msgr. Basil Meeking, Catholic
Msgr. John Radano, Catholic (1986-1993)
Prof. Heinz-Albert Raem, Catholic
- September 10-16, 1995 - Lärkkulla, Finland
"Apostolicity of the Church, episcopacy and structures for Christian
unity, Eucharist, ethical questions;" organizational planning
NEW NAME: "LUTHERAN-CATHOLIC COMMISSION ON UNITY"
- September 1-7, 1996 - Rottenburg, Germany
"Apostolic nature of the Church, Eucharist, ethics and moral issues"
- August 31 - September 6, 1997 - Dobogókö, Hungary
"Apostolicity and Eucharist"
- August 28-September 3, 1998 - Kamien Slaskij (Opole), Poland
"Apostolicity and Eucharist; reactions to the Joint Declaration on
the Doctrine of Justification"
- August 26 - September 1, 1999 - Tutzing, Germany
"From the Apostolic Gospel to the Apostolicity of the Church;
Apostolic Succession and Ordained Ministry"
- September 5-12, 2000 - Bose/Magnano, Italy
"Apostolicity of the Church: Apostolic Succession and Ordained
Ministry; Episkopé, Historical Development and Theological Evaluation"
- September 4-10, 2001 - Smidstrup Strand, Denmark
"Church Teaching which remains in the Truth; Doctrine and Apostolic
Faith in Early and Medieval Church Developments; Scripture (Canon) and
Tradition from the Lutheran Perspective; the Concept and Understanding
of the Magisterium in Catholic Theology from the Council of Trent to
the Second Vatican Council; Ecclesial Ministry of Apostolic Teaching
from the Lutheran Perspective"
- August 30 - September 6, 2002 - Würzburg, Germany
"Apostolicity of the Church: Biblical, Historical and Theological
- July 9-17, 2004 - Baltimore, Maryland (USA)
“Biblical, historical and systematic theological aspects of apostolicity; Apostolicity of the Church-NT foundations; The apostolic gospel and the apostolicity of the church; Apostolic succession and the ordained ministry; Church teaching which remains in the truth”
- September 22-30, 2005 - Cassano delle Murge (Bari), Italy
“Final meeting and preparation of report on The Apostolicity of the Church; identification and assessment of the ‘elements’ of apostolicity in the church and their configuration; issues of apostolic succession; the question of defectus sacramenti ordinis and a universal teaching ministry”
“The Apostolicity of the Church” - FINAL REPORT
Dr. Béla Harmati, Lutheran (1995-2006)
Bishop of the Lutheran Church in Hungary
Archbishop Alfons Nossol (2002-2006)
Archbishop of Opole, Poland
Prof. Dr. Cardinal Walter Kasper, Catholic
Rev. Sven Oppegaard, Lutheran
150 route de Ferney
CH-12 Geneva, Switzerland
Dr. Eugene Brand, Lutheran (1995-1996)
Msgr. Dr. Matthias Türk, Catholic
Via della Conciliazione, 5
I-00193 Rome, Italy
Msgr. Heinz-Albert Raem, Catholic
Msgr. John Radano, Catholic (1995-1999)
COMMISSION ON THE DOCTRINE OF JUSTIFICATION
Declaration on the Doctrine of Justification
- August 31 - September 6, 1997 - Dobogókö,
"Joint Declaration on the Doctrine
of Justification" - JOINT
- June 11,
1999 - Geneva, Switzerland
press conference presenting the "Official Common Statement and Annex"
to the Declaration on the Doctrine of Justification signed October 31,
1999, Augsburg, Germany
- October 31, 1999 - Augsburg, Germany
Signing of the "Joint Declaration on the Doctrine of Justification"
| Centro Activities
| Course | Publications
Week of Prayer | Library
| Interconfessional Dialogues
Directory of Ecumenical Study
Centers | Society of the
Guest Book | Credits
| Site Map
1999-2012 © - Franciscan Friars of the Atonement, Inc.
Remarks to Webmaster at email@example.com