"LUTHERAN - CATHOLIC COMMISSION ON UNITY"
Formerly: "THE JOINT LUTHERAN - ROMAN CATHOLIC STUDY COMMISSION ON 'THE GOSPEL AND THE CHURCH'"
August 25-27,1965 - Strasbourg, France
Exploratory meeting to determine whether and in what manner the relations which have already begun can be continued and intensified; the content, shape and scope of possible discussions; central theological issues for future dialogue
April 13-15, 1966 - Strasbourg, France
Further study on projected dialogue; establishment of Roman Catholic - Lutheran Working Group - JOINT REPORT
- November 26-30, 1967 - Zürich, Switzerland
"Gospel and Tradition"
- September 15-19, 1968 - Baastad, Sweden
"World and Church under the Gospel"
- May 4-8, 1969 - Nemi, Italy
"Structures of the Church"
- February 22-26, 1970 - Cartigny / Geneva, Switzerland
"Gospel and Law - Gospel and Christian Freedom"
- February 21-26, 1971 - San Anton, Malta
"Das Evangelium und die Kirche" (1972) - BERICHT
"The Gospel and the Church - The Malta Report" (1972) - FINAL REPORT
Prof. Dr. Einar Molland
Prof. Dr. Walter Kasper
Tübingen, Federal Republic of Germany
Prof. Dr. Harding Meyer, Lutheran (1967-1972)
Dr. August B. Hasler, Catholic (1967-1972)
"JOINT EVANGELICAL-LUTHERAN - ROMAN CATHOLIC COMMISSION"
- March 21-24, 1973 - Geneva, Switzerland
"Survey of Lutheran / RC Relations; Program planning; the significance of the world for the self-understanding of the Church"
- January 8-12, 1974 - Rome, Italy
"The Ministry in interconfessional dialogue; theology of liberation and the structures of the Church; Church's self-understanding"
- March 15-21, 1976 - Liebfrauenberg, France
"Review of the way in which the "Malta Report" is being received; Lord's Supper; models of unity"
- March 5-12, 1977 - Paderborn, Germany
"Eucharist; ministry; models of the Church"
- October 7-12, 1978 - Sigtuna, Sweden
"Ordained ministry; episcopate; models of the Church; ways to communion" - "The Lord's Supper" - JOINT STATEMENT
- February 19-23, 1980 - Augsburg, Germany
"All Under One Christ" - JOINT STATEMENT
"Ways to Community" - JOINT STATEMENT
- March 9-14, 1981 - Lantana, Florida (USA)
"The Ministry in the Church" - JOINT STATEMENT
- May 10-15, 1982 - Venice, Italy
"Models of unity"
- May 2-7, 1983 - Württemberg, Germany
"Martin Luther - Witness to Jesus Christ" - JOINT STATEMENT
- February 27-March 3, 1984 - Rome, Italy
"Facing Unity. Models, Forms and Phases of Catholic-Lutheran Church Fellowship" - JOINT STATEMENT
Prof. Dr. George A. Linbeck (1973-1984)
Professor, Yale University New Haven, CT (USA)
Most Rev. Hans L. Martensen (1973-1984)
Bishop of Copenhagen, Denmark
Dr. Peder Nørgaard-Højen, Lutheran (1973-1974)
Prof. Dr. Vilmos Vajta, Lutheran (1974-1983)
Rev. Dr. Carl H. Mau, Jr., Lutheran (1980-1984)
Rev. Dr. Daniel F. Martensen, Lutheran (1980-1984)
Rev. Dr. Eugene Brand, Lutheran (1984-)
Msgr. Dr. Aloys Klein, Catholic (1980-1990)
Prof. Dr. H. Schütte, Catholic (1973-1980)
Msgr. Dr. Charles Moeller, Catholic (1980)
Rev. Fr. Pierre Duprey, M. Afr., Catholic (1981-1986)
- March 10-14, 1986 - Céligny (Bossey), Switzerland
"Justification, ecclesiology, sacramentality"
- February 15-21, 1987 - Wiesbaden-Naurod, Federal Republic of Germany
"Doctrine of Justification and doctrine of the Church"
- March 7-11, 1988 - Versailles, France
- February 27-March 4, 1989 - Opole, Poland
"Contextual theology; ecclesiology"
- October 1-5, 1990 - Oslo, Norway
- September 30-October 4, 1991 - Venice, Italy
- November 10-14, 1992 - Eisenbach, Germany
"Church and justification; 25th anniversary of the Lutheran/Catholic Dialogue; future of the dialogue"
- September 5-11, 1993 - Würzburg, Germany
"Church and Justification"
"Church and Justification - Understanding the Church in the Light of the Doctrine of the Justification" - JOINT STATEMENT
Rt. Rev. James R. Crumley, Jr. (1986-1993)
Retired Bishop of the former Lutheran Church in America
Most Rev. Karl Lehmann (1986-1987)
Bishop of Mainz, Germany
Most Rev. Paul-Werner Scheele (1988-1993)
Bishop of Würzburg, Germany
Rev. Dr. Eugene Brand, Lutheran (1986-1993)
Msgr. Basil Meeking, Catholic (1986-1987)
Msgr. John Radano, Catholic (1986-1993)
Prof. Heinz-Albert Raem, Catholic (1990-1993)
- September 10-16, 1995 - Lärkkulla, Finland
"Apostolicity of the Church, episcopacy and structures for Christian
unity, Eucharist, ethical questions;" organizational planning
NEW NAME: "LUTHERAN-CATHOLIC COMMISSION ON UNITY"
- September 1-7, 1996 - Rottenburg, Germany
"Apostolic nature of the Church, Eucharist, ethics and moral issues"
- August 31 - September 6, 1997 - Dobogókö, Hungary
"Apostolicity and Eucharist"
- August 28-September 3, 1998 - Kamien Slaskij (Opole), Poland
"Apostolicity and Eucharist; reactions to the Joint Declaration on
the Doctrine of Justification"
- August 26 - September 1, 1999 - Tutzing, Germany
"From the Apostolic Gospel to the Apostolicity of the Church;
Apostolic Succession and Ordained Ministry"
- September 5-12, 2000 - Bose/Magnano, Italy
"Apostolicity of the Church: Apostolic Succession and Ordained
Ministry; Episkopé, Historical Development and Theological Evaluation"
- September 4-10, 2001 - Smidstrup Strand, Denmark
"Church Teaching which remains in the Truth; Doctrine and Apostolic
Faith in Early and Medieval Church Developments; Scripture (Canon) and
Tradition from the Lutheran Perspective; the Concept and Understanding
of the Magisterium in Catholic Theology from the Council of Trent to
the Second Vatican Council; Ecclesial Ministry of Apostolic Teaching
from the Lutheran Perspective"
- August 30 - September 6, 2002 - Würzburg, Germany
"Apostolicity of the Church: Biblical, Historical and Theological
- July 9-17, 2004 - Baltimore, Maryland (USA)
“Biblical, historical and systematic theological aspects of apostolicity; Apostolicity of the Church-NT foundations; The apostolic gospel and the apostolicity of the church; Apostolic succession and the ordained ministry; Church teaching which remains in the truth”
- September 22-30, 2005 - Cassano delle Murge (Bari), Italy
“Final meeting and preparation of report on The Apostolicity of the Church; identification and assessment of the ‘elements’ of apostolicity in the church and their configuration; issues of apostolic succession; the question of defectus sacramenti ordinis and a universal teaching ministry”
“The Apostolicity of the Church” - FINAL REPORT
Dr. Béla Harmati, Lutheran (1995-2006)
Bishop of the Lutheran Church in Hungary
Archbishop Alfons Nossol (2002-2006)
Archbishop of Opole, Poland
Prof. Dr. Cardinal Walter Kasper, Catholic
Rev. Sven Oppegaard, Lutheran
150 route de Ferney
CH-12 Geneva, Switzerland
Dr. Eugene Brand, Lutheran (1995-1996)
Msgr. Dr. Matthias Türk, Catholic
Via della Conciliazione, 5
I-00193 Rome, Italy
Msgr. Heinz-Albert Raem, Catholic
Msgr. John Radano, Catholic (1995-1999)
COMMISSION ON THE DOCTRINE OF JUSTIFICATION
Declaration on the Doctrine of Justification
- August 31 - September 6, 1997 - Dobogókö,
"Joint Declaration on the Doctrine
of Justification" - JOINT
- June 11,
1999 - Geneva, Switzerland
press conference presenting the "Official Common Statement and Annex"
to the Declaration on the Doctrine of Justification signed October 31,
1999, Augsburg, Germany
- October 31, 1999 - Augsburg, Germany
Signing of the "Joint Declaration on the Doctrine of Justification"
Indice | Attività del Centro | Corsi | Pubblicazioni | Conferenze
Settimana di Preghiera | Biblioteca | Dialoghi Interconfessionali
Direttorio dei Centri di Studi Ecumenici | Society of the Atonement
Guest Book | Credits | Site Map
1999-2012 © - Franciscan Friars of the Atonement, Inc.
Remarks to Webmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org