the 700-foot summit of the Mount of the Atonement, is Holy Spirit Chapel,
which doubled in past years as a water tower. First built in 1919, the 2-story
structure was rebuilt in the 1930s. A roof, enclosed in glass, served as
a station for spotting aircraft during WW II and later as a ham radio station.
Notable among the chapel's stained glass windows are one of St. Clare receiving
a coarse robe from St. Francis and one of him receiving the holy stigmata,
symbolically portrayed as tongues of fire. The chapel combines Roman and
Eastern Rite symbolism.