Cardinal Hayes of New York dedicated the Little Flower Memorial in June
1928. Named after St. Therèse of Lisieux, who died at the age of
24 in 1897 and whose canonization Father Paul witnessed in Rome in 1925,
the chapel was first built as a gymnasium and auditorium for seminarians.
Sixteen stained glass windows portraying the major events in the life of
St. Therèse adorn the chapel. The bedrooms of Little Flower extension
have housed retreatants, Appalachian Trail hikers and also cloistered Carmelite
nuns, who awaited the completion of their convent at nearby Beacon, N.Y.