as Graymoor's most beautiful chapel, St. Francis Chapel was built by the
homeless men of St. Christopher's Inn. Its bell tower resembles that of
St. Francis Basilica in Assisi.
The altar, appraised as a "museum piece," comes from Mount Alverna
in Tuscany Province, Italy. There it marked the spot where St. Francis received
the holy stigmata in 1224. High above the altar stands a painted statue
of St. Francis, originally done in white terra cotta by Andrea Della Robbia.
The statue of St. Anthony at the altar's side is the place where the Perpetual
Novena to St. Anthony began in 1912. The Friars say the Novena daily for
the many prayer requests they receive. Among the stained glass windows are
two of Our Lady of the Atonement and a large one of St. Cecilia, patroness