called St. Elizabeth's Hospice, Mother Lurana House was built in 1937
for women who had reached "the sunset of life" and wished to
spend their remaining years in a religious atmosphere. Today it is a day
care center for senior citizens. Of note in the chapel, which seats 80,
are stained glass panoramas of the Apostles and Franciscan Saints.
Tucked under the extended roof of the chapel sits the "Palace of
Lady Poverty," a paint shack, where Fr. Paul lived some months after
he first arrived at Graymoor in 1899. He named it so in honor of St. Francis,
who referred to evangelical poverty as Lady Poverty.